Friday, June 24, 2011

Im the Dread Pirate Roberts

Hey!
So lecture phase just ended today. We had a great speaker John Stenson from Wisconsin speak to us about Evangelism or more about how to show God’s love to others. Sunday we will be leaving to Puerto Viejo then from there on Monday we will be going to this four day camp called NEKO. They are very secretive about what we will be doing there but it is in a very rural part of the country and we are packed for wilderness survival.
After NEKO we will spend two weeks in Costa Rica probably Puerto Viejo, a beach town on the Caribbean side, doing outreach. After that we take an 18 hour bus ride to Panama City and work with the YWAM base there for a week. Annnndd then after that we go to Peru and Bolivia for 4 weeks then we come back and graduate.
In this paragraph im going to tell you where we are going and what are some of the things we might do while in Peru and Bolivia. If you find that boring you can skip it and move on to the next one where I hope to tell you some things I have learned. So we will be staying in Lima for about a week where we will work with the YWAM base and some local churches, possibly working with mentally disabled people. We will also be most likely working with Veronica’s House which is a house that brings prostitutes off the street and works with the organization Not For Sale. After that we will go to Cuzco for a week where I believe we will work with the coffee shop Meeting Place and a YWAM base that is just starting up there. From there we will head to La Paz, Bolivia for another week and also work with the YWAM base. This whole time we have been riding in buses for countless hours and are pretty far from Lima where are departure flight leaves. So this outreach is backpacker focused and we are going to head back to Lima but stopping on the way to enjoy some sights and spend some time with backpackers at different hostels. It might sound boring but you can googles some of the places I have mentioned if you want or ask me for more details also  Side note we found out there are two Starbucks in Lima Yay!
So God has taught me a lot of things and removed a lot of things during this DTS. These last couple of weeks I have felt that I have finally reached a point where I can start figuring out who I am and who God wants me to be. Throughout this DTS I felt I have had a lot of problems I have had to overcome and I have realized that they were probably symptoms of a bigger problem. This problem I have deduced, and I am about to be quite open over the internet haha, is the perspective I have of myself or the lack of value I see in myself. God has been teaching me this week I should not look for my value in others or even. I am “crown jewels” in God’s eyes. It’s a pretty tough subject that I don’t feel im going to be freed of immediately but God has already helped and picked me up from places I had struggled months to get out of. So I would appreciate your prayers. Thanks
Praise
I have all the money to leave on outreach!
God being my joy and my identity

Prayer Requests
Protection on Outreach and NEKO
That the rest of my group gets enough money to go on outreach
That God paves the way on outreach and we follow his path not our own

No comments:

Post a Comment