Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Duldrums of My Life plus Where Im Headed

A day in the life of a San Jose DTS YWAMer person. So I usually start it by skipping breakfast which is usually cereal with my favorite, lukewarm powdered milk, I have decided that the extra half hour (or so) of sleep is way better. After that we have our quite time and then some sort of group intercession, group intercession can get pretty crazy. Haha

Then we drink lots of coffee and prepare ourselves for teaching. I actually love teachings and the teachers we have had so far. They are usually on fire for God, have amazing testimonies, and are very passionate about what they have to say. We even had a pro skater speak, he was down here for a skate outreach.

We then have a snack which I like, then more teaching followed by lunch which somehow incorporates rice and beans. After lunch we have lots of different activities ranging from more teaching to a movie or small groups. Then after that learning session of sorts, we have work duty for two hours. My area of work is transportation. I usually wash all the cars amazingly well and make sure they have all the stuff they are supposed to have. Sometimes I get fix some miscellaneous item on the van and I even get to drive every once in awhile. Right now we are also working on this old '83 Diesel Rabbit that has been converted to run on I think vegetable oil. It has been sitting around for almost two years but we almost got it to start today.

After work duty we have dinner, which again usually has rice and beans haha. I actually do love rice and beans. Then after dinner we might go out and feed the homeless in downtown San Jose or have a bible study watch a movie or talk about our outreach. Through out the week we also have homework we are supposed to work on. We have five books we are supposed to read and then a book report we have to write after each book. We also have a journal we write in recording what we have learned and the events of the week and we turn it in every week.

So this brings me to what we are working toward and preparing for: Outreach. There are two teams in my DTS and we pray to see which team God wants us to go on. After praying and the staff deciding based off what we believed God said to us and other unknown reasons they place us in a team. God placed me in the team that will be traveling to Peru and Bolivia. What is really cool is that the outreach has a backpacking focus and there is a chance we might go to Machu Pechu. The one problem is that the plane ticket is $850. So that brings the total for our outreach to 2350 if my math is correct haha and I have sold my car for 1000 dollars so it looks like im going to be short 1350 for my outreach. The money has to be raised by about three weeks from now. So being praying that God will provide and if you feel that you want to contribute to our cause you donate through my paypal button below or contact me or my parents and we can arrange it.

Prayer Requests:
-Protection
-Outreach
- What God wants me to do after my DTS possibly YWAM bible school in Australia
- Finances for our outreach (and Australia ?)
- Freedom Street






1 comment:

  1. You got my prayers bro :] So many people ask about you over here and i love tellin em what youre doing. Keep up the posts. Love you <3

    ReplyDelete