Monday, May 16, 2011

In Stormy Seas We Sail

So I thought I would have another Blog out by now and I started writing another but its a delicate subject and taking a lot more time than I thought and will have to wait for another post haha.
So anyways God has been moving so much in my life. I came here and found out how burdened I was and God has, I felt, each week been removing a burden. I will not lie right I feel so free and excited to go out and do God's work.

I have just started working with the prostitute ministry here in San Jose through YWAM. I have only been out twice, but it has opened my eyes and moved me so much. The first thing we did was pray outside the largest brothel in San Jose. It was so sad and disgusting to see these older white men who are probably someones grandfather and were usually married leave with young women who had no hope in there eyes.
The second time I went out we hung out at a park that has male prostitutes we hung out and talked to them just playing soccer and showing them love that does not have to be paid for. I was able to talk to a street vender with my broken Spanish and his broken English. He was really cool and like so many people was looking for purpose and hope in his life. After a long conversation I asked what he wanted to do in his future and he almost started crying saying how he was 27 and stuck in San Jose with no idea what he wanted to do stuck in a life of parties, drugs and alcohol.
So those are some of the things im up to. Please pray for me and that God will pave the way and be a light in this dark place.

Also be praying that I will trust God with my life after the DTS. Im considering attending an intense nine month Bible School through the YWAM base at the sunshine coast in Australia. I feel and believe God wants me to develop a better foundation in his word and in my life and this is a place I have felt has been pointed out. So pray for discernment and that I am able to trust in God in any direction he leads me.
Also pray for protection.







No comments:

Post a Comment