Tuesday, May 24, 2011

While Swabbing the Decks

So for this blog I wanted to talk about what God has kind of hit me in the face with over and over again: Love. So through out this DTS God has taught me many different things about Love; like how he loves me and how im supposed to love myself. This week however he used verses i thought i already understood and its what i would call a life verse. The verses im talking about are 1 Corinthians 13:3-8a
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails.

I have heard these verses so many times and im always like aww thats so cute i really want that when i get married. It always reminded me of that once scene in A Walk to Remember where they are getting married. There is the link to the clip if you dont remember and if you dont know the movie im talking about then go watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYff31l7yLg

The point is i thought this verse was like for marriage or how you knew you loved someone.
Im not saying that you cant take it and apply it to that part of life because i think thats great and you probably should feel this way about someone you really love or its the "signs" to tell how you know they are "The One". I guess im just saying i restricted the verses to that area.

Ssssooo on to what God told me or showed me or my reasoning and my thinking path.
entonces 1 John 4:8 tells us how God is Love. This means God is all that stuff 1 cor 13 talks about. Our speaker today, Jack Kody, brought this verse up and talked about how God is love therefore he is patient, which is long suffering. He is there through all the crap we put our selves through, all the partying, drugs, pointless relationships and everything that does not take use closer to him. He is there waiting for us. Not only is he waiting there but he is kind so he is not waiting there to yell at us but waiting there with open arms ready to hold us and show us his love. So God is love, by the way his love never fails.
I want to add that this love is not something you understand with your mind but something you experience.
I feel like Gods love is something i could write on a lot more talking about personal experiences that i have had in the short time I have been at this DTS and all the countless stories i keep hearing. So if you want to hear more just let me know but im going to continue on to what else God taught me.

Gen 1:27 tells that we are created in the image of God. This means, i personally think, that we are supposed to love with the love God has for us. Not just our wife and family but everyone around us. I find this really hard and i know alot of times i say things are self seeking or rude, or i want someone who has hurt me to fail. For me these verses have become a way i should strive to live my life. I will not lie i still have not memorized it but i have it book marked in my bible and its cool to see how im going through the day and i check my self with this verse and ask is this Love that im showing? So i challenge you to live a life full of love.

Sorry i have seemed to ramble and developed some incomplete ideas. Love is such a massive subject and i continue to learn more and more each day.

Ssoooo to wrap up. Im going to end with some praise and prayer requests.

Praise-
God has shown me so much and I have been able to help people who really need help and show them Gods Love.
I got to see the Ocean. My blog is nautical themed i obviously love the ocean.
Im making so many new amazing friends.
I could go on and on haha...

Prayer Requests-
That God will help me see the open doors i need to walk through.
Finances- specially if i plan to continue to work in missions (specially if i plan to go to australia haha)
For freedom street the prostitute ministry here at the base that I really enjoy working with, they have just started up and need help. Here is a link to there page: http://astreetnamedfreedom.blogspot.com/
Protection

Thanks all feel free to message me on Facebook with anything.

1 comment: